Rooted In Prayer And Study
Think: The Bible was given to us to share with one another. There is power in wrestling with the Scriptures together and interceding on one another’s behalf.
Feel: God loves us so much that He has given us ways to connect with Him and to know Him deeply.
Do: Carve out intentional time in your daily life to read the Bible and pray. Consider finding ways to do this with people in your church.
Point #1 – Prayer Gives Us ________.
Philippians 4:6 (NLT) — 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Point #2 – Studying Scripture ______ ___ _________.
Hebrews 4:12 (NLT) — 12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
Point #3 – Spiritual Discipline Roots Us In __________.
1 Timothy 4:7–8 (NLT) — 7 Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. 8 “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
My NEXT STEP today is to…….
- What gets in your way of spending time in prayer and Bible study?
- Why is prayer a good way to experience peace in life?
- Why is wisdom such an important thing to have?
- What is a practical way to make time each day for prayer and study?
- Invite my friends and family to church and seek opportunities to share my faith.