Summer On The Mount – Salt and Light
Salt and Light
June 12, 2022
Matthew 5:13–16 (ESV) — 13 “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. 14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
Let’s compare salt and the church.
1. If Salt is essential to a healthy life – _________ __________is essential to a healthy life.
2. Salt pulls the ______________ __________ = The Church should pull the best out of people
3. The ________ _____________ the Salt the greater the impact = A Christ empowered church makes the difference
Salt ____________ loses its purpose.
Why Be A Light?
1. The _________ ___________ the light of Christ.
2. Your light is a _____________ to those around you.
3. Your light __________ ____________ to Jesus.
Matthew 5:16. ESV – 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
How effective are you and your faith to the world around you?